Many responsibilities come with being a landlord, but there is one thing in particular that you should always keep your eye on your rental property. It’s up to you to make sure everything inside and outside of the property is well-maintained so you can avoid any problems down the road. Here are seven steps for making sure your rental property stays in great shape!
1. Make sure to have a professional cleaning service come in at least once per month.
Keeping your property clean and welcoming to any future tenants is very important.
Have your cleaning service come in at least once per month to ensure the place stays clean and tidy for all of your guests. This can help you avoid bigger problems down the road that could cost more than just having a professional take care of it right away!
2. Keep the property stocked with toilet paper, soap, dish soap, laundry detergent, and other supplies.
Having the property stocked with all of your items is essential to ensure you don’t run out.
It’s also beneficial to keep these supplies in different places around the house so that any guests staying there can easily find what they’re looking for when needed!
Keep an emergency supply kit on hand at all times so you can deal with any problems that may arise. Having a backup plan is always helpful in case something goes wrong! It’s also important to make sure there are no leaks or broken windows as well as keeping an eye out for pests such as roaches and ants. Also, remember to collect rent on time and pay all bills on time
3. Have your employees and tenants turn off all lights when they leave for the day or night.
When you leave a room, make sure that all of the lights are turned off.
This can help save your tenants money on their electricity bills and it will also keep your property from being wasted by leaving unnecessary lights on while nobody is home. Plus, this step helps to prevent fires!
4. Inspect the property regularly – make sure there are no leaks or broken windows.
Periodically check the property to make sure everything is in order.
It’s important to inspect your rental on a regular basis so you can fix any problems immediately and avoid bigger issues down the road! Some inspections for a rental property include :
• Making sure all appliances and plumbing fixtures work correctly.
• Checking that the electricity is working properly as well as all of the outlets in your home! It’s important to unplug any unnecessary electronics when you aren’t using them, especially those items such as microwaves or refrigerators that may cause a short circuit if left plugged in for too long.
• Checking and ensuring that there are no leaks or broken windows . This will help keep your tenants safe as well as avoiding bigger problems in the future!
5. Remember to collect rent on time and pay all bills on time as well.
If you’re planning on renting out your property, it’s important to make sure that all of the bills are paid, and rent is collected every month.
This will help keep your tenants happy as well as ensuring you receive payment for everything they owe! If anything goes wrong, such as a leaky pipe or broken appliance, fixing these problems as soon as possible will keep your tenants happy and make sure you don’t receive complaints.
6. Keep an eye out for any problems that might arise (e.g., clogged toilets) and fix them as soon as possible
It’s important to keep an eye out for problems that may arise. Taking care of regular maintenance will ensure your property stays in great shape! You can avoid bigger repair projects down the road if you make sure there are no issues arising with appliances, plumbing, and other fixtures.
7 . Provide your tenants with a list of emergency contacts in case something goes wrong while they’re away from home.
Make sure your tenants know who to contact in case of any emergencies such as a broken pipe or appliance that’s not working properly.
It’s always best to provide your renters with emergency contacts, just in case something goes wrong while they’re away from the property!
8. Keep your property free of junk
If you have tenants that have left behind old furniture, appliances, or general junk, it is best to get those items out quickly! If you need help getting junk off of your property, call Bubba’s Junk Removal today at 281-782-5537 or visit our websitewww.BubbasJunkRemoval.com.