You know that you need to clean out your garage – it’s been piling up with junk for years and is now so full of clutter that you’re not sure where to start. But the task seems daunting, and just thinking about all the work it will take makes you want to close the door and forget about it. The good news: If you follow these steps closely, cleaning out your garage will be much easier than you think!
1. Remove all the junk from your garage
This step is crucial because you can’t get started if your garage is a mess. First, remove all the boxes, tools, clothing, and anything else that isn’t needed for everyday living – these items should be put away in other areas of the house or donated to someone who needs them more than you do.
2. Donate, Throw Out & Organize
Once you have gone through your items, you will be left with only a few things that need to go. Make sure you keep the following items:
• Items of sentimental value – these should never be thrown out or donated!
• Important paperwork and documents (insurance policies, tax returns, etc.)
• Anything needed for your family’s everyday living needs (diapers, clothing, etc.)
After everything is sorted, you can donate or throw out whatever you no longer need.
3. Organize everything neatly so that you know where things are when you need them
This is a step that many people skip, but it can actually save you time in the future. Make sure to store items from similar categories together and make use of bins, shelves, or other storage systems for your convenience.
Label boxes clearly so that anyone who comes into contact with them will know exactly what they contain.
4. Clean up any spills or messes in the garage with a wet rag
Garages tend to get messy quickly, especially if you do car maintenance or DIY projects out of your garage. You should clean up any spills or messes with a wet rag and ensure that your garage is tidy to avoid using more supplies than necessary.
5. Make sure that there is enough room to park your car inside of the space (if applicable)
It is a homeowner’s dream to be able to fit their car in the garage and be clutter-free. You will need to ensure that there is enough room in the garage and clear any obstructions such as boxes or trash cans.
6. Hire a Junk Removal Company
If you want to have your garage cleaned out the professional way, hire a junk removal company for assistance! Local Junk Removal & Dumpster offers Garage Clean Outs with the best customer service. To learn more, visit their website at https://localjunkremovalanddumpsters.com/ or give them a call at 734-884-JUNK.